- Have access to tools that develop their
physical, social and life skills through the medium of sport.
- Receive support and encouragement to find their place in a team.
- Enjoy exercising regularly.
- Have the belief and energy to reach for their dreams in sport or in life.
Directors Sam Fox & Brad Sykes
We believe all children and adolescents should:
- Be sufficiently aware of the benefits of physical activity and a healthy diet.
- Have the opportunity to participate in any recreational activity they desire.
At Syked For Sport we embrace the advancements in modern technology but we feel a strong sense of urgency to inspire this younger generation to become more aware of the profound health benefits of physical activity that are so uniquely found in regular sports participation. Ultimately, we believe that well-organised and well-positioned sporting programs will develop greater emotional health and important life skills.
Syked for Sport is a new and exciting local sporting organisation, home to the Mornington Peninsula. The two directors of Syked For Sport are athletes at the VFL club - Frankston Dolphins. Both are qualified and experienced coaches and mentors of children in the local community and have a passion to educate and inspire others to discover how sport can improve their quality of life. In the 21st century, advancements in technology such as online games and social networking have captivated the imagination and energy of our youth. Unfortunately, this has led to less physical activity, less social interaction and a diminished emotional wellbeing. We aim bring a revolution to this culture by introducing fun, meaningful and inspiring sport programs.